Friday, December 12, 2008

Talking Cats?! You Decide......


The weirdest thing just happened so I thought I'd blog about it and share. I was upstairs working on something when I heard this loud scream-like noise and then some sounds like muffled baby gibberish/whining kind of thing. I immediately dropped what I was doing in horror, fearing that Riley had somehow fallen out of bed and broken her neck or another important bone. (I know, my mind always go straight to the worst case scenario.)

I zoomed down the stairs and ran into the bedroom to find both my kids fast asleep and silence. Then, I heard the weird baby talk noise again. It was coming from outside. It seriously sounded like a child gibbering away about something. But it wasn't. What I saw as I neared the window were two wild cats (Wall-e, our wild cat, not included, but two strays). They were at a stand off just staring at one another with their hair sticking straight up. So, I waited to see what would happen thinking that a cat fight was about to ensue.

Then I noticed that they were still making that noise. The weird thing was that they were taking turns and their mouths were moving like they were talking to one another. It was like watching a little cat conversation where I didn't understand the foreign cat language. Weird! Then the black cat cowered down and started backing away. The white cat won, I think although, I'm pretty sure they're still down there staring at each other. Oh yeah, I also noticed the white cat had a blue eye and a yellow eye. Very freaky looking.

P.S. For a person who doesn't like cats at all, I've noticed that I tend to blog about them often. Crazy wild cats. Sadly, I just thought of High School Musical as I typed that. (Picture added above for your entertainment) What has the world come to?!

2 comments:

Lerra said...

I have seen cats do that before! It's so scary! Cats are so weird. And your last comment about High School Musical made me laugh.

Lori said...

The other morning, I heard the same sound. It sounded like Adriana crying but I knew if it were her, something was terribly wrong. I shot out of bed to find that it was Zoe. It freaked me out. It was still dark out, so I couldn't tell what was wrong. I got a flash light and looked out side and saw that Zoe was having a stare down with a cat right outside our window. It freaked me out. The other cat just looked at Zoe like she was crazy. I just knew I didn't want to get in the middle of it.