Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Twilight was so good I'm still talking about it


I was gonna sit down and write an interesting post, but I don't really feel like it any more. I also remembered that I was going to write a little (ha!) review about the Twilight series after I finished reading all of it, but I never did. I can't sum it up in words. That's how good it was. If you talk to me about these books I will be like "Yeah, I loved the part when Edward....oh, but then there was how Bella....wait, do you remember how she......" and so on and so forth, continually interrupting myself and tripping over my words trying to explain all the best parts and how good it is and how well written it is.

Anyways........it was great, and I can't wait for the next movie to come out. By the way, has anyone read the first part of "Midnight Sun." For the one person who might not know, this is the book that Meyer (the author) started writing as a part of the whole Twilight thing. It's the first book, rewritten from Edward's perspective. Well, she postponed it indefinitely because a copy of it leaked out. She says that after one whole year goes by and she hasn't heard anybody say anything about it, then she'll pick it back up again and finish it and publish it. I guess she figures that everyone will have forgotten about it by then? Not likely.

She did end up putting what she had written on her website, and I succumbed to the temptation and read it, and it's so good. So much more stuff happened in the beginning of Twilight on Edward's side as opposed to Bella's. It's so interesting and actually gives you even more information about the characters and vampires and such.

Well, I really could go on and on about this, but I will stop now because I have to make Riley's invitations for her 2nd birthday party. Will share later.

2 comments:

Jamey said...

I read the series through once. Then, waited for the movie to go to video to watch it. Once I watched it, I read the whole series again...how pathetic is that? I'm looking forward to the next movie. I feel like I keep getting sucked back into that world!

Lerra said...

Jamey - not pathetic. I saw the movie twice in the theater. I considered dressing like Bella for Halloween last year. I have the first book on CD. I want to read Midnight Sun but I'm not sure how I will manage, only having the first few chapters. So I'm resisting the temptation to read it until the entire thing is released. I'm planning to re-read the series again this summer! Not pathetic at all. Ok maybe it is, but you're not alone. :-)

BTW, has anyone read Stephenie Meyer's "The Host"? I plan to get it soon & read it...just wondering how Twilight fans like it...