
Randomly, I recently thought back to a beach trip I went on with my friend Jamie back in the summer after like 7th grade I think. I don't remember much from the trip, just little blurbs. Like how we rode our bikes all around Seaside and visited all of the places where "The Truman Show" had been filmed. They'd just finished filming the movie and we thought that was really cool that Jim Carey had just been there. I also remember waking up sooo early so we could say we'd seen a sunrise on the beach, only to find out it was so cloudy we couldn't see anything.
There's also a few other little things that I won't bore you with, but the one main thing that sticks out in my mind from that trip was our first experience with Sun-In. Everyone was doing it. It was definitely the "cool" thing to do that summer of '97. I don't remember exactly how it turned out, but I do remember our hair getting a lot lighter (or yellow) and us getting some wide-eyed looks from people, including our parents. It's funny to think back to the junior high years and remember some of the things that were popular back then. I don't think I ever touched Sun-In again after that. I wonder if anyone still uses this stuff. Maybe it will make a comeback.
5 comments:
I remember Sun-In! You could get the same effect faster if you put it in your hair, then used a blow dryer. Apparently it was the heat that made your hair turn orange.
We were also amazed that it completely changed the texture of my brother's hair.
Hmmm, things I remember about junior high!? WOW, how long ago was that??!! Well, anyway, they actually made Sun-In waaayyyy back then! My sister loved it! I was too much of a scared-e-cat to try it!
oh the glorious days of sun in. I did mine and it turned orange, and I came back from spring break my jr year (97) and all my friends were all, "OMGAH did you totes use SUN IN???!!" and then I went to have it darkened.
I used Sun-in and i have really dark brown hair.. i was kinda nervous to use, but over spring break my family was going to florida.. i want to leave school as plan old me and return with light brown hair.. (and get a tan) lmao :P I used it for the whole week i was there.. and you know what?? It worked like a miracle i came back with light brown hair, and a really good tan.. my friends were shocked and i felt way more confident in myself.. i highly suggest using Sun-in it really works :)
I have pretty dark brown hair with some natural hi-lights and I started using sun-in a couple years ago whenever I wanted to bring out the hi-lights. It works really really well if you just do strands, but it's kind of annoying at first cause you have to remember which strands you sprayed the day before. anyways, now i'm lazy and just spray it all over my hair for a few days in a row until i start noticing a difference, then i stop so it won't be like too drastic a change. long story short, my hair turns a golden color with it (although i remember using it during the summer when i was like 13 and regretting it. i probably used way too much). ok just wanted to share my positive experience lol
Post a Comment