Thursday, December 11, 2008

My 3 Scents (and a funny story)

I have the nose of a pregnant woman, even when I'm not pregnant. When I was pregnant, my sense of smell was super heightened. I mean, I can smell out a soured dish rag a mile away almost. By the way, that's the nastiest smell ever to me. Number one on my best smell list is sunblock. I will do a top ten list one day of the best and worst smells if anyone would like, because as you can see I'm serious about what scents make their way to my nose. Which leads me to three new scents or scent tips I have discovered recently:

1) I accidentally bought Johnson's moisture care baby wash instead of my usual Johnson's head-to-toe baby wash for the kids. It was in a pink bottle and I thought I was just buying baby lotion. It was a happy mistake because that stuff smells so good. If you have kids, buy it and use it and smell it. Yum!



2) I love fabric softeners of all kind, but I've found that the best smelling one so far is Snuggle exhilirations' wild orchid and vanilla kiss. I'm smelling it on my clothes now. If you've ever used the perfume Pink Sugar from Sephora, it smells so similar to this fabric softener. Yum!



3) This last one is just a tip I discovered recently. If you carry a zip lock bag of laundry detergent in your diaper bag, it smells so fresh. It takes away or covers up that gum-coins-spilled milk smell that fills many a diaper bag. And instead of paying a bunch for Tide to go, just use your bag of detergent to create a paste to put right on that stain before it can set. Many possiblities with this stuff, although I was a bit nervous that someone might see it and think it was a particular drug that's white that people carry in zip lock bags. Just kidding!

Off the topic, when my sister and I were kids, we would play cops and robbers with all the neighborhood kids. Apparently, we were really playing cops and dealers because the kids who were playing the bad guys would carry around bags of flour that we'd sit and eat while the cops were looking for us. I really have no clue how on earth we knew what that was. Innocence.............hmmmm.................?

3 comments:

clay said...

i am very aware of smells as well. in fact, i just blogged about them yesterday.

Lori said...

Good Tips, goodness knows we can all stand to smell better and get rid of the dirty diaper, spoiled milk smell. Thanks for the advice!

Lerra said...

Oh my goodness, that last little snippet about the cops & dealers fiasco just made me laugh out loud!

Have you & Ashley discussed this sense of smell characteristic? She has a nose like a bloodhound. I have a pretty strong sense of smell, way stronger than Baron's, but it's nothing like Ashley's.