If you like magazines like Real Simple and Martha Stewart though, you'd probably enjoy this one. It has a good layout too. I guess that's the graphic designer part of me, sometimes I read magazines just because of their layout. For example, I probably read Wondertime for 85% layout/design/it's pleasing to the eyes and 15% content. I love their use of space and how they don't feel the need to cram something into every little space on a page.

Anyways, back to Life: Beautiful. The last issue had 53 ideas of things to do with your kids to spend quality time with them, educate them, socialize them, teach them about God, and a lot of other teaching things. I'm constantly running across lists like this in parenting magazines, like "30 ways to have fun with your baby this summer" and such. Most of those lists have a few good ideas and then a bunch of lame ideas that are things you already do, have to buy a lot of extra stuff to do, or are just space fillers so they can in fact have exactly 30, or however many, things. This list, on the other hand, was very unique and specific in ideas. It was sort of a like a things to do before you turn 12 list. I actually went through with a pen and circled everything that was age appropriate for Jack and Riley. And I plan on doing them. And I will blog about them. I will share the list when I can find the magazine, seeing as it's night time and I don't want to go searching around the house for it right now.
2 comments:
I may have to check out that magazine! I've been searching for a new subscription since Domino went bye-bye. :-( I also like Real Simple so I will look into this one!
oooo love it! please do!
Post a Comment