Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Montgomery 005: Garden Picnic

I got the idea from a blogging buddy to go visit a garden store like Southern Homes and Garden and enjoy the flowers and plants with the kids then have a picnic out on the grounds. So, one day my mom and I ventured out to do this and really had a great time. The kids love picnics. Sidenote: Kids love to eat outside. I don't know why. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not a big "eat outside" person. I love being outdoors, but I feel that food should be eaten in a cool, clean, and non-windy environment. Emphasis on the non-windy part.

But that's besides the point, because this day that we went out just happened to be a particularly lovely day. Actually it was perfect until we were leaving, when it started sprinkling and we could tell a storm was coming. Perfect timing, though. Anyways, this is a good idea for summer fun. It's a way to get out of the house and out in the open where kids can roam free. They also enjoyed the flowers in the store, which actually served as a mini botanical lesson. For them and me because they kept asking me what each flower was and I had to look at the tag on most to find out.

This activity is obviously free and would be even more fun with more kids (and their moms of course).

1 comment:

Lerra said...

Cute idea! I like to go there on my lunch break just to look around. :-)