Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Little Parrot

The other day I was driving to work. The kids were with me and we we're driving down the main street of the Water's which has a lot of speed bumps. I guess the speed bumps made it seem like I was driving a little crazy. I don't know, but all of the sudden from the back seat Jack pipes up, "I get so nervous about you Mom."

I think he's heard me say stuff like, "Don't do that, you're making me nervous." There have been many more times that he has told someone that they made him nervous. Especially Riley, he tells her that all the time. He is such a little repeater.

We were on a walk recently and this dog was trying to come after us and Jack said, "That dog is very fond of us." When he gets in a bad mood about something he'll tell me things like, "I am so frustrated." or "I am so mad." He also likes to tell Riley "No no, Riley, no ma'am." I realize he gets all these sayings from me, so it's funny to hear him repeat them. He also likes to use the word "yesterday" and the phrase "next week." I'm not sure he really knows what they mean, but he likes to say them.

One of his original sayings, though, is "Repeat, Repeat!" He kinda got this from Toy Story I think, but he uses it to let us know when Riley's doing something she shouldn't be. It really is quite funny. He always busts her by yelling "Repeat, Repeat!" Usually if we hear the phrase, Riley's playing on the stairs because that's something he knows for sure that she's not allowed to do.

Another thing about Jack is that he does not use contractions very much. It's always "do not," "will not," "I am," etc. You get the picture. Anyways, this post was somewhat for humor, but mostly for recording purposes so I can say that I've "written it down." I know I'll laugh everytime I read these sayings of his. He just cracks me up so much.

3 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

hahaha! those are hilarious. are yall going to the beach retreat? he and Aiden would have SUCH a blast! we can watch them play and entertain each other while we RELAX!!! please tell me he's (yall) are going!

Jamey said...

I love how kids around the same age have the same things/traits in common. Jack is so much fun to be around...so is Riley!

Lerra said...

Haha, this cracks me up! My niece has started saying "that's hilarious." Kids are so funny!