Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Sixth Sense

First of all let me start by saying I loved The Sixth Sense. It was so unpredictable to me.

So, Monday night we were at home and I was standing in the kitchen talking to Jack, who was sitting on a barstool on the other side of the counter in front of me. I don’t remember what we were talking about, but I heard the cat meowing and turned my head to look back at the door and then I turned right back around towards Jack. Then he said, “Mommy, you just scared that man behind you. You turned and looked at him and he got scared and he ran away.” I just thought he was teasing me, but I looked out the back door just to make sure there wasn’t anyone around the house.

The next day, my mom was at home and had taken Jack outside to play. They went over to a fence that divides our land from this land that has a horse on it. Jack tells my mom that he sees a man. My mom questions him about it, and he says that the man is tied up in a tree, and he points to the tree. My mom asked him what the man was wearing and he said it was too far for him to tell.

So, they come back inside and tell my sister and I about it, and we go back out there with him to further investigate and see what he’s talking about. He points to the same tree and says the man’s up there. We walk over there because Jack says the man’s asking for help. When we get to the tree I ask Jack where exactly the man is and Jack tells me that he got scared and got out of the tree and ran away, and that he was wearing a backpack.

I then asked Jack if the man in the tree was the same man he saw in the kitchen the night before, and he says, without hesitation.....yes. Weird, huh? Oh, yeah......and there’s a cemetery very close to our house. Eerie.....just in time for Halloween.

Come to think of it, he’s actually mentioned a man standing outside at night that he’s scared of. I always thought that maybe he was just saying that because he was afraid of the dark.....................or not. Creepy!

4 comments:

Lori said...

After hearing that story, we're not coming to visit you anymore.
-Ryan

Jamey said...

Ok, I'm officially freaked out.

Lerra said...

Ok, seriously, this stuff freaks me out. Happy Halloween, right? Yikes.

clay said...

first of all, i am really glad that i found your blog. how cool is that?

secondly, what a creepy story. that is so weird.