
So, I'm here to review the best of the three that I sped through. It was Richard Paul Evans' new book, Grace. My mom is a big fan of this author, and she's gotten me to read all of his books. They're all pretty short, but very, very good, and once you read one, it's hard to stop. This one was about this 16 year old girl, Grace, who runs away from an abusive home. The main character, whose name I've forgotten, runs into her and offers to let her stay in a little clubhouse that him and his brother built. Anyways, it's a really sweet book. It's sad, but also inspirational in a way. Grace has been through so much and still has such an upbeat attitude and is just a cool girl all around.
Let me note one thing I noticed though in all 7 of the books I've read in the past few weeks. Yes, seven! That's crazy! Okay, we'll count the Twilight series as one book because it was written by the same person. So four books. Three out of the four were written by women. In all of the books written by women, the guys were hot and the girl's were kind of average-looking. In the one written by the man, the girl was hot and the boy was dorky. Go figure. I definitely think there's something there. I mean, women like writing/reading about hot guys and men like writing/reading about hot girls. I need further evidence to back up my theory, but I'm sure it's true.
If you want a synopsis or other information about this book go here. I just found this while looking for an image.
1 comment:
Twilight DEFINITELY counts as four books. Possibly even eight, considering the number of pages. ;-)
Thanks for the book recommendation! If I ever get the urge to read again I'll have to consider it.
Post a Comment