Monday, January 5, 2009

Twilight Finally! Edward......wow!


I finally caved and read Twilight. I love reading and I don't know why, but when something gets so popular, I somehow get myself to thinking that I wouldn't like it. I know this makes no sense. The more people like something, the less likely I am to like it? Logical? No. I did the same thing with Harry Potter, but then I saw the first Harry Potter movie, and then read all the books as fast as they could put them out. And I loved them!

The surprising thing is that I love Twilight even more! I read the book in a very short amount of time, just a week ago. (By a very short amount of time, I mean within a period of hours. Yeah, it's that good. You probably already know this though, because I'm sure most of you have already read it.) Anyways, I already miss reading it and want to read it again. I've never wanted to reread a book right after I've finished it, but now I do. I just started the second one today and am trying to pace myself. That's why I'm taking a break to write on this blog. Not that there's a million other things I need to be doing right now.

This post was supposed to be my "book review," but instead I seem to be gushing over how much I enjoyed the book. I probably sound like a teenager. By the way, I went in the library to check out some books because after reading Twilight, I've gotten on this reading kick. So, I asked the librarian to suggest some good reads and she said that since I liked Twilight, I might want to go look in the teen section. Thanks! A nice good kick to my trying-to-be-an-adult-raising-two-kids-while-living-with-my-parents self-esteem. Oh, well.

Review:

Everyone should read this book, obviously. I think one thing I enjoyed about it is that the main character, Bella, is so relatable. She's so normal and the fact that this amazingly gorgeous, supernatural, and seemingly perfect Edward wants only to be with her has great love story written all over it.

There's more I could write about it, but I think I'll save it all until I've finished the whole series. Which won't be long, considering my recent track record of book reading.

4 comments:

Lerra said...

I LOVE TWILIGHT!

I am NOT a reader, but I started reading this when I found out it is about vampires. I fell in love! I read all 4 books in a week...which is unheard of for me! I miss them. When I was finished, I didn't know what to do with myself.

{BTW I also saw the movie twice...}

Jamey said...

Well, the series is definately addicting! I didn't want to read it initially. My reaction was, "vampires; really? uh, no."

Four books later, Edward and Bella are part of my family!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

haha! I dumped the shack. The vampires were calling my name.

Crafty Notch said...

I'm obssessed. Embarassingly so. Welcome to the fandom!