Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Montgomery Challenge

I love taking the kids to do fun things around town. Every time I think of or see a new place that might be kid-friendly and fun, I try to take the kids there. Last spring and summer we pretty much spent most days at the pool. While that is very fun, I'd like to branch out a bit more and add some variety. Now that the weather is getting warmer I'm trying to get out more. I'm constantly on the internet looking to see if there's something going on around town that I can take the kids to; something to do so that we're not just sitting at home on my days off. I never can find anything online.

Growing up here, my mom took us to a lot of neat places around the city and now there are even more great places to go. You just have to look for them. Just go downtown and you have history and character tucked into every little corner. You just have to know where to go.

I hear a lot of people say Montgomery is boring and there's nothing to do here. I've said it myself MANY times. But I'm determined to find fun in this city. So, I am challenging myself.

What I've decided to do is to hit all the fun kid spots around town that are cheap (preferrably free) and I will post about each spot so you too can discover what Montgomery has to offer in the way of kid venues. Let me know if you would like to join us in our journey to find the fun in Montgomery. Also, if you have any suggestions, feel free to share. Operation 001 will start this Friday. Call me and I'll tell you when and where. Be there!

3 comments:

Lerra said...

Have you been to Old Alabama Town? I haven't been in forever & I don't remember how kid-friendly it is. There is a playground...

Speaking of playgrounds, there is a really neat park in Prattville that looks like a fort. You should take the kiddos some day!

Also, I know this isn't free but Zoo Weekend is coming up in April...that's always fun. :-)

Kara said...

Oh yeah! And we have zoo passes so maybe it'd be free for us. I'm not sure. Thanks for the ideas!

Jamey said...

I want in on the action!