Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thugs in the Woods

I was just getting ready to write a post like 30 minutes ago, when all of the sudden I heard this loud bang. We live out in the country, where our closest neighbor is at least 70 yards away. Plus the kids were both asleep. With this in mind I started to panic thinking, "What in the world could that possibly have been?" So, I rushed downstairs to check on the kids and heard the noise again, this time one right after the other and automatically realized what the sound was. It was definitely gunfire and way too close for comfort. Right then I went all 007 (or really just "mommy in panic trying to protect her babies"), deadbolting the door and grabbing my cell phone and pepper spray. I hunched down below the windows and sat in the kitchen not knowing what to do.

I decided to check it out so I peeked out of the blinds from the living room and saw three thug looking dudes with guns. Not BB guns. Not I'm-just-practicing-my-aim hunting guns. But hand guns. Automatically in my mind this means criminals although I guess you can use hand guns for other things, this whole scenario looked super shady. Before I write more let me note that they were in front of these abandoned trailers that are like 50 ft. from our house, kinda diagonally in front of our house. Actually I do have a picture of the site.... kind of. Really the subject of these pictures was a fox that we saw the other day over by the trailer. It was very cute and, well here it is.




Back to the thugs. I staked it out for a while, a long while. I saw them taking some barrels out of their car and I guess that's what they were shooting at, but who knows why. And I definitely don't know why they were doing this so close to my house and my babies. They just better be glad I'm not Aunt Madea. Sometimes I do wish I could be more like her though....only at certain times when the dirty deeds of my soon to be ex pop into my head. Anyways, that was my excitement for the day. I think I'll go check it out later and make sure they weren't shooting at something other than a barrel. I really do let my imagination run wild sometimes. Update on the "shootings" to come.

1 comment:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

yeah....kinda creepy. ;) watch out for them crazy country people...you saw texas chainsaw massacre right? the crazies live in the woods. ;)