Sunday, June 7, 2009

Montgomery 002: Old Alabama Town

Last week I decided to take the kids to check out Old Alabama Town. Actually, I really was just taking them to the playground there because it cost money to go on the whole tour. The tour sounds cool (I really can't remember if I've ever been), but I really am looking for mainly free stuff with this whole challenge thing and didn't want to spend the money. If you want to go check it out and go on the tour, if you haven't already, I think it's like $8 for an adult and the children 5 and under are free.

Anyways, the playground was really cool and the kids enjoyed it. After they worked up a good sweat playing out in the scorching heat (yeah, we kind of did this on the fly and I wasn't really paying attention to the time so we were out there at the hottest and sunniest time of the day; not a good idea because everything on the playground was so hot), then we walked across the street to the Tucker Pecan Company and got ice cream cones. Pink for Riley, green for Jack. They don't care what the flavor is, just the color.

No comments: