The first place we went is the most obvious place to take kids for a free and fun outing if you live in Montgomery. The museum of fine arts, of course. They have such a fun kids area. I grew up going there regularly. Since I was little, though, it has expanded by at least half it's original size. The kids actually enjoyed jumping off the steps in the little amphitheater more than anything.
Never fail, the race car track is always the favorite "exhibit," and we end up staying over in that section for half an hour usually. I really don't see how watching a little stock car going around and around in the same path can be entertaining for that long.
I was watching two other kids besides mine that day, and we were at a house that was close enough to the museum to walk there, so we enjoyed the scenery along the way. The museum is a great place to go on a rainy day or really any day, and if you haven't been there (which I'm sure if you're reading this and live in Montgomery you probably have) you should totally go. It's fun, educational, and let's the kids exercise their creativity.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment