Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Riley and the Beast

A while back, Jack and Riley's big "sister," Savannah was in her first play! So, we had to take the kids to see what was also their first play to watch. And watch it they did! I wasn't sure how they would be because they're so little still, but they sat there and watched the whole thing without having to get up once.

The play was Beauty and the Beast, and I think it was the junior high students play. A few kids were picked from the elementary school to play village children and Savannah was one of them. She did really good; it was cute to see her really getting into character. The other kids did such a great job too. The little girl that played Belle was great!

Riley was particularly enthralled with the Beast, though. I think she was kind of scared of him because she kept asking me, "Is the Beast mean, Mama?", to which I would reply "Yes, he's mean, but he's getting nice." Then later, after he "got nice" she kept asking me if he was mean. I kept telling her that he was mean, but now he's nice. Really she was quite obsessed with this whole Beast transformation thing. Later on the way home she kept saying "The Beast was mean, but then he got nice, right mama?" Then out of nowhere, "The Beast is so cute!" This cracked me up!

Which actually leads me to a side story. Yesterday, we were swimming at someone's house and Riley got sunblock in her eyes. She kept crying and whining and I think she did probably get a little bit of sunblock in her eyes, but mainly was sleepy and being a bit overdramatic. The reason is because when my mom took her into the bathroom to wash her eyes out, she was crying and fussing over her eyes, and then she just stops all of the sudden and points to the soap (which had a bow around it) and said "That lotion is so cute with that bow!"

She loves pointing out what things she thinks are "so cute!"

2 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

that's hilarious!

Lerra said...

Haha...that's pretty funny :-)