I'm a bit behind on my Montgomery Challenge posts. I've actually been to quite a few places that I need to write about. So, to help catch up, here's a good one.
For those of you who I see on a regular basis, I know you've heard plenty about how much fun the splash pad is. In fact, a friend and I tried going there the other day with our kids, and I was so excited. You know how it's fun to take people to places that you've told them all about and how much fun they are. Well, this was like that. I don't know how much I've mentioned this splash pad to people and how much fun I think it is, but it feels like I've said it a lot. Anyways, we got down there and it was closed for some silly wedding rehearsel. I know, not cool. We did end up getting to go swimming.
Anyways, this is a must-see "attraction" (if you will) in Montgomery for kids of all ages. I've already taken the kids here about 4 or 5 times this summer. They have so much fun, and I'm thinking about even having Jack's birthday party there. It's just your regular splash pad, but still is a nice, cool break from normal summer activities. I think my kids like it so much because they have more control than they do in a pool.
To add to the fun, we ended up taking a picnic lunch. The amphitheater is right next to the splash pad, so it's a perfect spot for a picture perfect picnic (try saying that 5 times fast). The kids had such a great time. I tried showing them how to roll down the hill, and they tried, but I guess they're a bit too young for that because they didn't ever really get going.
Oh, and I almost forgot the best part about this kid venue. It's free! Absolutely free, fun, and open to the public, except when it's been reserved (which costs $3000, by the way........crazy). If you do decide to go check it out one day, do what I should have done this last time and call (241-2100) ahead to see if it's open and not being reserved for something. Also, if you get there and the water is not on, just place your hand on the black top of the blue post and the water will start. It's weird, but it works. I guess it's some kind of pressure sensor or something.
INFO:
Riverwalk Splashpad
355 Coosa St.
Montgomery, AL 36104
Bring change for parking meter!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We definately have to try that one again!
How about you reserve it for Jack's party!? ;)
FOR REAL. lets do it again. even though I canceled on you cause I didn't want to hike in my blistered back...which started peeling today, btw. good story.
Man, I wish they'd had stuff like that when I was a kid!
Post a Comment