Then I realized that Riley's birthday was on a school day. So, I decided that her one-year-old preschool class would be a good, non-critical audience for my first cake. So, I made a little school-themed birthday cake just for her class. And this is how it turned out. As you look closely, just remember it was my first so it's not NEAR perfect. I probably could go on and on about the imperfections I see as I look at the pictures, but it's ok. I was happy at how it turned out. It was a lot of fun to make! (Please ignore the retro 70's tupperware cake platter.)
I ended up making a pony stable cake (fondant) and a barn cake (regular icing) for her actual birthday party, so look for a post on those soon.
1 comment:
I will have to say that I'm pretty impressed! But now that you've started setting the bar high at this birthday, you know you'll have to top it every year from now on... :)
Post a Comment